My time at Google Health has been focused on building and launching the Care Studio suite of products alongside a few other healthcare projects. Specifically, I defined a cohesive, safe and scalable visual language for our products, leading the design system projects for both mobile and desktop and being promoted in recognition of my work.
I’ve proudly prioritised utility and function in my work. Where previous projects have sought to be more playful in design, clinical safety and context has been a driving force behind design deciisons. A combination of UXR and leading the healthcare empathy team at DeepMind taught me about the reality of our users’ days when using digital tools. It’s been my mission to create interfaces that respect our users and deliver value transparently and effectively.
- Visual Design lead for multiple key projects, including carrying the mobile product from an early prototype to a successful UAT launch and the desktop product redesign to focus on usability and scalability
- Key focus areas include accessibility, data visualisation, scalability and clinical safety
- Aligned global cross-functional teams on a long-term approach to design, treading the line between short-term value and long-term success while prioritising our business needs
- Data visualisation specialist, collaborating with an engineering partner to build and launch a data visualisation framework bespoke to our needs, adopted by other teams facing similar issues. Consulted with teams across Alphabet to advise on accessibile data visualization
- Stepped up to support the UK Government’s COVID response effort in the chaotic weeks leading to the national lockdown
- Established and led diversity, equity and inclusion group for the London Health org
- Won multiple awards for team contributions (see Education & Achievements)